It’s February and love is in the hair or is it air? In my world it all kinda runs together. What I love the most about February is the opportunity we have to remind each other how much we do love one another and with the current political climate, what a better time then to remind everyone how special they are to you.
Whether you have a beaux or just equally obsessed with your bff it feels great to spread a little joy and happiness. Beauty related gifts are unique, personal and with the growing small business scene our options are expanding beyond the gift certificate from your favorite salon.
Here are my top 5 favorite beauty related gift ideas in Jersey City. I encourage you to gift outside of the Valentine’s cliche and not only give to a significant other, but your friend, your mentor, your favorite girl boss :)
- Downtown Med Spa 115 Christopher Columbus Blvd – Right now they are featuring a free facial with the purchase of any of the following packages: laser hair removal, tattoo removal & cellulite reduction.
- Noellery 321 Grove St – Serving up tons of accessories, including the perfect beanies and hair trinkets to make any bad hair day feel fabulous.
- New Zion 248 Bay St – The secret to this veteran nail salon is their artist Amy. She creates amazing nail art and I’m always a gasp with everything I see their biggest fan @arseniclace gracing upon her paws. New kid on the block Cuteticles 410 Central Ave is bringing amazing artists along with a unique nail salon experience to The Heights. They also feature waxing, threading, eyelashes and make up.
- The Hair Room JC 213 Montgomery St – The girls @thehairroomjc are featuring BOGO braids all month, so grab your bestie and play with a new look.
- Jersey City Tattoo 253 Newark Ave – Unconventional beauty, but still beautiful nonetheless. This Valentine’s Day artist @zoeyramonetattoos is featuring $100 Valentine’s flash art. They also offer gift certificates year-round.