I recently posted about the potential of weed legalization in Jersey City on my Instagram and asked for your thoughts on the legalization of marijuana and what it means for you. Mayor Fulop even added his two cents on the situations.
I’m a supporter of legalization of marijuana + in next few weeks our planning dept is going to clean up JC zoning laws so that we can get ahead of where we’ll allow/not allow dispensaries, grow facilities etc. we want our zoning to be clear w/community input + to avoid lawsuits
— Steven Fulop (@StevenFulop) January 10, 2018
There are a bunch of benefits, and the more we talk about, the more likely we are to continue the discussion until it’s finally legal.
Here’s what people were saying –
1. Makes food taste better, sleeping easier and events more lively! And also, helps with muscle relaxation after the gym!
2. I have a chronic back and neck condition that I’ve been dealing with for years. Tired of the painkiller routine. For me, marijuana is not about the recreational use aspect- it’s all for a possible breakthrough and way to dump the pill-popping, finding a more natural more effective pain relief method.
3. I smoke weed because I have anxiety and depression, It helps calm both and it’s fun. No need to pop a xan cuz this is better and it makes for some great memories.
4. I use for arthritis. It’s a great tool for chronic pain or anxiety.
5. Cannabis is illegal but insurances will compensate doctors for prescribing opiates and methamphetamines, even to children. It is furthermore socially acceptable, however cannabis is still stigmatized? Not to mention tobacco and alcohol is ok to use. Even with all the etoh/tob related deaths/cancers. Wtf.
6. Because alcohol kills you and weed doesn’t.
7. I was diagnosed with epilepsy when I was about 15. I was on epilepsy medication for about 2 years I switched medications maybe twice and each time they gave me weird side effects and I was still having seizures. I started smoking marijuana regularly after stopping medication and haven’t had a seizure since.
8. Healing of a nation (from a non smoker lol)
9. First used it for stress and depression, now that I have lupus I use it for pain, to sleep, gain an appetite, etc. Best thing that could happen to me tbh, don’t know why it’s viewed as a “bad thing” because it helps me. But I can understand it doesn’t have the same effect on everyone so.
10. I’m open to it and looking forward to capitalizing on business opportunities around it.
11. I smoke weed erryday.
12. Stress and anxiety..besides jokes are funnier when you’re high.
13. I smoke almost nightly… chronic insomnia in addition to narcolepsy and sleep apnea, decided to not used prescribed medication, (cost wasn’t an issue, although cost for my meds without insurance is roughly $1500/month) and I get a better quality sleep without being medically incapacitated… (my prescribed meds are essentially GHB)
14. First used for fun. Then, didn’t touch it for years. I started having anxiety attacks that lasted for at least 4 hours in duration. Insomnia then came; I slept 3-4 hours a week. And terrible back pain. CBD and THC instantly took care of everything- almost instantly too. So, of course I’m for it.
15. I’ve had my medical card for a year now, I’ve been smoking a lot longer… bring it on Gov. Murphy!