There is a huge debate in the US regarding whether or not the use of masks is necessary and if it should be mandatory. Here in New Jersey, Gov Phil Murphy signed an executive order recently making masks mandatory to wear when outdoors as cases around the country are surging. But still, wherever you go there are many who don’t wear masks. Why?
I was curious as to why people don’t want to wear a simple cloth over their face that could potentially save their life and someone else’s. Yeah it’s inconvenient, and hot, but so is COVID19.
If you look at statistics from other countries who’ve been able to slowdown the virus, the common theme is mask wearing and social distancing. So I asked my social media followers- Why don’t you wear a mask? and here are the responses. No judgement here just sharing other peoples opinion on this matter since it’s pretty clear what mine is. Let’s make it fun though! Here are some hilarious masks memes- The internet is the real winner in this pandemic.
- My uncle doesn’t wear a mask because “only Fox News tells the truth”- his wife is in chemo.
- I try as much as possible, but I am pregnant and get winded so easily. Need to take big breaths in sometimes
- I wear one out of respect for others but as a nurse I know only N95 can protect you. And the N95 must be “fit test” to even know if protected… not sure what all masks do.
- Because of swamp ass. Face edition
- I choose not to only when in parks and I am able to keep a safe distance
- Lowers immunity, conspiracy, fake data, can’t trust the government, counterproductive
- I stopped wearing my mask early morning and late at night when walking my dog since there is no one around
- It triggers suffocation anxiety and makes me feel isolated and fearful of others
- They say the chance of spread outdoors is much smaller
- I sometimes don’t wear my mask because I have antibodies (had COVID in march)
- Here’s a beauty, I will touch my mask, then my face, so it’s useless and actually more dangerous
- I wear a mask but unfortunately it’s turned political for some people
- Because natural selection
- I wear it around people but then the streets are empty I take it off
- In my family few people don’t wear it due to medical conditions
- Because they are inconsiderate POS
- One of our servers told a customer he didn’t believe Corona virus- I was livid
- They are placebos at best. Mind control/virtue signaling devices at it’s worst. I can go on
- I always do. Plus hand-sanitizer and 6ft apart. It’s not that hard!
- Masks promote false ideology that germs cause disease, they are placebos
- I wear mask. My friend told me she doesn’t because it’s too hot
- I’ve heard people say because they already had it and can’t “get it again”
- Depends what I’m doing. I wear it for high contact activities like grocery shopping
- I live in Woodland Park so when I’m walking/jogging outside I have yet to encounter ppl. But I will wear it in Hoboken/JC
- I wear one most of the time. I don’t wear it in the park because I don’t want a mask tan line LOL
- As an essential worker, I genuinely feel the toll it takes on my breathing and lung