Here are some headlines and stories from the past week!
It’s Pumpkin Spice season again at Starbucks
Go nuts and get yourself a PSL. You know you want to. They even have Pumpkin Spice Cold Brew.
Jersey City Reopens Waitlist for Affordable Housing Options at Mill Creek Gardens
Pre-applications are available from September 9, 2019 and remain open until December 20, 2019. Anyone interested in applying may visit 547 Montgomery Street, Jersey City, NJ, 07302, for a pre-application.
Jersey City Board of Education Elections: Open Seat Available
There is an additional one year open seat for Jersey City School Board Member, which has been made available in the Jersey City Public Schools District Board of Education Election due to an unexpired term. The open seat will be for a one-year term. The deadline for filing with the County Clerk to seek the open member board seat is September 3, 2019 by 4:00 PM.
Nominating petitions are available from the Office of the Hudson County Clerk – Elections Division (257 Cornelison Ave, 4th Floor) between 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM.
Candidates filing a nominating petition for board membership must meet the following qualifications:
• He/she is a citizen of the United States of America
• He/she must be at least eighteen (18) years of age to qualify for office
• He/she must be able to read and write
• He/she has been a resident of the municipality from which he/she is to be elected for at least
one (1) year preceding the date of the election
• He/she is not disqualified as a voter pursuant to N.J.S.A.19:4-1
• He/she is a registered voter in the district
• Not hold office as a mayor or member of the governing body of the same district
• He/she is not disqualified from membership on the Board due to conviction of a crime or
offense listed in N.J.S.A. 18:12-1
• He/she has no interest in any contract with, or claim against, the Board
Taylor Swift spotted in Target days before VMAs
Taylor Swift was spotted at Target right here in Jersey City last week!
View this post on Instagram
Açai ya @taylorswift ❤️. – – – – – #acaiyalater #acai #acaibowl #hoboken #hobokeneats #jerseycity #ubereats #njeats #foodie #njfoodie #eatingnyc #grubstreet #healthfood #eatmunchies #nycfood #health #eater #america #nj #hobokengirl #foodphotography #nyceats #goodeats #love #delicious #hudsonriver #hoboken #happy #taylorswift #target
512 Quantum Sound finally opens in the Heights
Guests can finally sit down to enjoy food and drinks at the long-awaited 512 Quantum Sound in the Jersey City Heights.
Two Affordable Rental Units Available in Bergen-Lafayette
Two units are available at the 323 Pine Street apartment building. The rent is $1,375 per month. Income limits apply. Affordable Housing Application packet and other information may be obtained by calling Kim Duda at 201-669-8319 or emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org