Many healthcare professionals are reusing masks due to a shortage of masks. If you have spare medical masks available, please consider donating them to local hospitals and Hackensack University Medical Center, which has been handling many COVID-19 patients and are currently running low on masks.
- Jersey City currently has 85 cases.
- Hudson County has 38 new cases, bringing the county total to 228.
- Murphy has reported 846 additional positive cases, bringing the statewide total to 3,675. There are 17 more COVID-19 deaths, bringing the fatality total to 44.
- All of the animals at Liberty Humane Society were fostered – many are still up for adoption!
View this post on Instagram
Sharing our staff victory lap around the empty cattery! EVERYONE is in foster. Thank you again to all those kind souls who made sure all our cats and dogs, even those with behavior challenges, got out before we closed. We still need your help to find all these pets in foster loving homes; please visit our website to see available animals, and submit an application online if you are interested in adopting. We are still processing adoptions, remotely! More animals will continue to come in through animal control, so we need you to help us keep the flow going. And: if you applied to be a foster and we didn't have a pet that was right for you, hang tight! We will reach out when that situation changes. Many, many thanks. https://www.libertyhumane.org/adopt
- Passaic County is opening a testing center at William Paterson University in Wayne. You must be a resident of Passaic County. Call your healthcare practitioner for a screening, and only seek a test if you have symptoms. This facility will operate daily from 9AM to 12PM, or until they run out of tests.
- New Jersey launched a job portal for anyone who is looking for a job and would like to find work at one of the essential workplaces like UPS, ShopRite, and Amazon. You can find jobs on jobs.covid19.nj.gov.
- PSE&G will be donating N95 masks to healthcare workers.
- Union City reports 8 additional positive cases, bringing their total to 14.
- Bayonne reports one additional positive cases, bringing their total to 8 – 3 are hospitalized, 5 are at home.
- The JC Food/Supply Initiative by Lynn and Bryan delivered groceries from the Marriott to AngelaCARES
View this post on Instagram
Message from our founder, Angela V. McKnight: God is always at work and makes things happen! This morning, I received an email from @chicpeajc, who received an email from a senior building needing help with food. Right after reading the email, I received a call from @lordabbett & Company, a company located downtown Jersey City, with a food donation for #AngelaCARES, Inc. as they are closing and did not want the food to go to waste. My hubby and I quickly went to pick up the donation such as: fruits, vegetables, bread, milk, yogurt, lunch meat, sandwiches, etc., to distribute. Since this building was in an immediate need, I spoke with the site coordinator to see if they would accept the donation, the coordinator said yes, and hubby and I dropped off the food. We are still compiling a list of seniors in need for our next grocery shopping. We are prayerfully planning our next shopping run this week. We are waiting for another shipment to arrive at ShopRite that can accommodate us. Please note, I am not sure whether a company or entity will call me with a food donation; however, when they do, I must do an immediate turnaround as we don’t want to the food to go waste. I want to thank Lord Abbett again for contacting me with a food donation and Lynn for reaching out to me. Lord Abbett’s donation has helped make a difference at Plaza Apartments, that housed seniors and disabled residents in Jersey City. #COVID19 #AngelaCARES #CommunityGivers #LORDABBETT #CHICPEA #Here4Seniors #LegislateEducateEmpower
National + International
- The United States now has over 50,000 confirmed cases.
- 51 members of the NYC Fire Department test positive for COVID-19.
- Governor Cuomo claims the apex of the virus is 14-21 days away. With over 25,000 cases in New York, he has requested more ventilators from the federal government and is working toward increasing the number hospital beds.
- Trump is hoping to have everything back up and running by Easter. WHO officials say the US is likely to become the epicenter for the virus.
- The Vatican confirms 4 positive cases of COVID-19.
- The UK has banned people from leaving their home except for necessities.
- 2020 Paralympics will be postponed to at least August of this year.
- India ordered a 3-week lockdown.