For all state updates, please visit covid19.nj.gov. Please stay home if you can, and wash your hands!
- Murphy has reported 7 additional deaths. Total casualties for COVID-19 in NJ: 27. Total cases in New Jersey: 2,844
- There are currently 190 cases in Hudson County.
- A testing center in Hudson County will open on March 24th at the Hudson Regional Hospital in Secaucus. You must be a Hudson County resident or serving the county as a first responder and must be exhibiting symptoms. Visits are by appointment only – call 201-388-1097. The testing center is open from 10AM to 5PM.
- The PNC Bank Arts Center testing site officially opened. It hit capacity within the first half-hour.
- 2 Jersey City officers are in serious condition. 16 others are quarantined. 42 officers are out with various symptoms. 24 other officers have recovered.
- As of today, Jersey City Public Schools will continue to be closed through April 17th.
- Jersey City will hold its first Municipal Council meeting virtually on March 25th at 6PM. You can watch the live stream here: http://www.jerseycitynj.gov/vcm.
- Councilman Rolando Lavarro believes he has COVID-19 and is awaiting test results.
- Fulop is reopening public showers for the homeless as well as supplying meals, providing personal hygiene kits, and working toward securing temporary housing.
- 1,000 inmates from New Jersey county jails will be released. Inmates being released would be tied to low-level, non-violent crimes.
- Lynn Hazan and Bryan Kuan started raising funds through GoFundMe to go toward buying food and supplies for organizations and individuals in need.
National + International
- New York City reports over 12,000 total cases.
- The World Health Organization is enroll patients for their coronavirus treatment trial.
- Over 13,000 US citizens abroad are trying to get back home.
- Senate struggles to pass a coronavirus aid bill as Democrats argue that the bill doesn’t benefit families and healthcare providers as much as it benefits companies.
- TikTok donated $10 million toward supplies for medical workers.
- The 2020 Tokyo Olympics will be postponed, likely to 2021.
- South Africa is under lockdown for 3 weeks, ending on April 16th.
- Italy reported 600+ more deaths this morning.