If you’re interested in looking at the number of cases by location in the United States, check out this map on NPR.org. It’s regularly updated to reflect accurate numbers.
- There are 742 confirmed cases in New Jersey, 9 confirmed deaths.
- Hudson County is reportedly up to 55 cases.
- There are now 25 confirmed cases in Jersey City.
- The median age for New Jersey cases is 52. Most positive cases showing mild symptoms are present in individuals under 30.
- AngelaCARES handed out 150 grab and go bags of groceries to residents today.
We are DONE – WE GAVE OUT 150 GRAB & GO BAGS TO RESIDENTS ! Come to my nonprofit AngelaCARES Food Pantry 696 Ocean Ave…
- Salons, barbershops, tattoo shops, and spas have been ordered to close until further notice.
- Ani Ramen handed out 15,000 bowls throughout New Jersey through their family meal kits, each kit serving 3-4 people.
View this post on Instagram
We are all out of meal kits at all our locations! We have our over 15000 meals ❤️❤️Thank you all so much for the love. If you wish to support us through this time we are selling gift cards online and matching all your purchases!! 🙏🏼🙏🏼 Please check back soon for more updates. #SlurpSipSocialDistance #SlurpSipRepeat #AniRamen
- Murphy signed an executive order to move a few local elections to May 12th, and the votes will be accepted only by mail.
- Murphy has asked for federal help regarding hospital beds. NJ is expected to be short of at least 300,000 hospital beds if cases continue rising.
- Orale Mexican Kitchen is continuing to give out free meals to restaurant employees today until 6PM at their Hoboken location.
- Left Bank Burger Bar is hosting an Employee Relief Sale from 10AM to 4PM tomorrow with 50% off gift cards, beer, and wine to benefit the staff.
National + International
- There are now over 11,000 cases of COVID-19 in the US. There are over 218,000 cases globally.
- China reported no new locally transmitted coronavirus cases for the first time in months.
- Italy’s death toll rises to 3405, surpassing China’s death toll.
- The Governor of Puerto Rico has asked the the Federal Aviation Administration to restrict and redirect flights to the island.
- US Surgeon General urges young adults and millennials to donate blood.
- A FEMA-operated drive-thru testing center will be available at Bergen Community College starting tomorrow (Friday the 20th). Those who seek testing must exhibit the symptoms.
- A second center at the PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel will open next week.
- Two members of Congress tested positive for COVID-19.
- New York Governor says there is no quarantine/shelter-in-place plan for New York City
- US federal government is considering limiting international travel.