Up until today, Jersey City hasn’t had an official COVID-19 testing site so the numbers reported are going to change dramatically. I’ve been getting a lot of messages on my social media of people exhibiting some symptoms so I decided to run a poll on my social media to get a sense of how many people just aren’t feeling well, or how many people have been tested, or seen a doctor and ofcourse if they’ve been staying the fuck home.
To give you an idea of my follower demographic on Instagram
46% are between 25-34
32% between 35-44
10% between 45-54
and it’s pretty even men & women and most of my followers live in Jersey City/Hudson Country and NYC
2,100 People voted
Are you exhibiting flu like symptoms?
If yes, what? and how long?
We got an overwhelming amount of responses from people so we are sharing a few of the responses.
- 6 Days
- I have been sick two weeks, the first 5 days, I was battling a high fever, cough, body pain
- My HCP told me my symptoms are inline with COVID; but fever, chest, body aches, headaches
- Fever 5 days and counting
- 9 days
- Congestion, headache, loss and taste of smell for 4 days
- 5 days, chest couch, headaches, fatigue, aches, chills, low grade fever
- Headache, sweats, nausea and fatigue
- 3 weeks on and off, sore throat and tired
- Dry cough, fatigue, headache, sore throat, mucus drip, chest pain.
- Cough, mild fever
- Mostly fatigue, scratchy throat.
- I had fever for 7 days and now developed pneumonia
- Chills, body aches, extreme exhaustion, chest pain, shortness of breath
- 1.5 weeks
- Yes (husband) since Saturday, tired, achy, couch fever lasted 6 days.
- All except shortness of breath
- Coughs and sneezes here and there, some body pains.
- 3 weeks
- Fatigue, headaches, chills for 6 days
- Cough with phlegm and fatigue- 8days
If yes, have you been tested? treated by a Dr?
- I was denied a test. Told to stay home and ride it out. Only go to ER if can’t breath
- I had a telecom call. I was told there are no tests in NJ unless severe symptoms
- No, Im self quarantined
- No x 20 (people didn’t get tested)
- Seen by Dr via FaceTime. Not tested but quarantined for two weeks
- I was tested March 16th and still no results
- Every single place I called told me to self quarantine
- Yes, over video call. Given antibiotics and inhaler
- Seen doctor, not tested
- Refused to test me due to age
- No, I work in ED. Have been exposed but staying home
- No tests (x 20)
- No, just stayed home
This is just data for people to read based on a simple social media poll. We will be doing this exercise in a few days after testing has been set up in JC.